Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Post-Christmas Update

Well, we survived our first married Christmas.  Santa was pretty good to us.  In addition to way too much chocolate, I received lots of books (woohoo!) including a biography of Catherine the Great and P.D. James's new "Death Comes to Pemberley" to add fuel to the fire of my love for Pride and Prejudice.  Possibly the best gift of the year, however, was a Newfoundland flag which we got from Gil's friends from The Rock.  Whenever we get a house, this is going up in the man-cave.  :-)

It has been wonderful to have Gil off work for four whole days (well, he did have to run in for a few hours yesterday), so we have had some time to veg at home; however, the holidays have reminded me that we are still setting our own traditions and will need to adjust in the coming years to meet our own and our families' expectations.  My mom has been used to having me around for the past few years to help co-host the family gathering.  This caused some stress this year as almost a full day with my extended family is a bit much for my husband... and sometimes for me as well.   Thankfully we were able to de-brief afterwards and to do something he wanted for Boxing Day:  Watching three back-to-back World Juniors hockey games on my mom's huge TV!  Plus there were leftovers so we didn't have to cook, so it was basically a win for all parties!

Hope you are all still able to hold onto the magic of the season and be thankful each and every day that Jesus came!



No comments:

Post a Comment