Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Monday 30 January 2012

Birthday FAIL!

Well, yesterday I tried to take my husband out for a late birthday celebration.  Gil loves to watch sports, so I bought tickets to our local OHL team (Mississauga St Mike's Majors), which I thought he would enjoy.  Actually, when we were first dating, we went to a lot of Ottawa 67s games, so I thought it would kind of remind us of our early days.

The view from our seats, right behind the scorekeeper


Unfortunately, however, it seemed nothing about our birthday celebration went as planned.  I got the address wrong, so we wandered around central Mississauga for several minutes before realizing that we were in the wrong spot.  By the time we made it to the game, we had missed most of the first period.  We did have great seats though, so we enjoyed the rest of the game.

Following the game, we thought of going to a pub to watch the NHL All Star Game (yes, it was a hockey-themed birthday), but Gil thought it would be better to go to my mom's house and watch it on her big flat-screen TV.  So, we went there, but she was out, and for some reason we could not get the screen door open.  It was either locked from the inside or jammed.  I don't have the key for the other door, and we couldn't find the hiding space for the spare key.  We couldn't reach her cell phone, so after a few minutes standing around outside, we quit and went for sushi instead.

I felt pretty bad about everything going wrong for Gil's birthday celebration.  (Perhaps I should have recognized the ominous signs when baking his cake went so terribly wrong!)  I'm blessed with a very understanding husband who didn't complain at all.  In fact, he didn't really care whether we went out for his birthday at all.  At least we will hopefully have many more birthdays together and can look back and laugh at this one in the future.  :-)

In other news, last week, I got my Visa and SIN cards with my new name, so I am on the way to becoming Mrs. T!

No comments:

Post a Comment