Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Saturday 7 January 2012

Life Update

I've been posting a lot of my thoughts lately, but I know some people are wondering about our regular life, how we are doing, etc., so here's are the answers to some FAQs.

Been married: 11 weeks, as of today!

Celebrity marriages we have outlasted: Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra (10 days); Sinead O'Connor and Barry Hernige (16 days); Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries (72 days)

Number of times people have asked when we're going to have babies: Too numerous to count.

Housing: Renting a one-bedroom condo and still on the lookout for a house. We've had a few disappointments, but are still searching. Please pray for us.

Church: We are pretty settled in at our church which has great preaching. I haven't found an area to serve, which is a bit frustrating, especially as both times I've asked about opportunities, I was directed to the church website rather than to an actual person. You can pray about this too, as it's hard to get connected.

Job situation: I'm still not working. I took the fall off, for the most part, and am now starting to search more earnestly. It's actually pretty liberating, as it's the first time I've looked for work without the stress that I'll run out of rent money in the imminent future.

So what am I up to?: Mandarin classes twice a week, ladies prayer group, BodyPump, running, visiting my baby nephew, researching houses, catching up on my reading.

Funniest “I definitely married a doctor” moment: The other day, Gil was changing the channel and stopped briefly on an scene of Grey's Anatomy that involved heart surgery. I was in the other room, and all I heard was the channel changing again, followed by him muttering things like, “That's ridiculous... What kind of doctor would do that?... Routine procedure...” You mean television doesn't accurately reflect real life? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment