Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Thursday 22 March 2012

Amusing Anecdote

I've had a few thoughts on more heavy posts lately, but it's 25 degrees in March, so who wants to think about serious things?  Instead, here's a slice of life in our home.

Last night, for some reason I was talking to Gil about Jean Sibelius.  Yes, I am a band geek...

Me:  ...and one interesting thing about Sibelius is that his monument in Helsinki is made up entirely of organ parts...

(Gil looks mildly disturbed; I wondered if I was boring him.)

Me:  ...but actually, Sibelius never composed any organ music.

Gil:  You realize that as a doctor, organ means something very different to me, right?  I was picturing something very CSI.

Me at the Sibelius monument.  No lungs or kidneys in sight!
PS  Someone at Bible study today brought up the fact that we are all organs in the body of the church.  I started giggling to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment