Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Three Years (and Counting)!

On July 17, 2009, I met the love of my life for the first time. We had been emailing and then phoning back and forth for almost two months, and finally agreed to meet for dinner after work on the seventeenth.

While I love my husband now, I'd be lying if I said it was love at first sight. In fact, it was more like annoyance at first sight because we got our wires crossed and were waiting at two different locations, so by the time we actually met, I was trying not to get mad at him already! For the first few weeks of dating, I was not sure whether we were a good match or not. I think I had seen too many chick flicks and was disappointed at the lack of “butterflies”. In fact, I was so nervous that a few times I went on unnecessary rants about controversial issues, and was astonished that Gil kept putting up with me!

After those first few weeks, though, I noticed one crucial thing: Every time I met Gil, I liked him a little bit more. That gave me the confidence to keep opening up to him, and the rest is history, as they say.

Soooo, here's to the heart doctor who won my heart! I'm so glad God brought us together, and look forward to many more years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment