Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Wednesday 27 March 2013

5 Things to Make You Smile

I've been wanting to get some more thoughts onto paper (or rather, virtual paper), but life has been hectic lately.  Until then, here are 5 things that have made me smile lately.  Hopefully they'll lighten your day as well.

1)  Spring is here!  I know, I know, it might snow again next week, but for now I'm enjoying some warmer temperatures.  Last week we had at least six robins in the tree outside the church.  I tried to take a photo and this is the best I could get:


2)  After women's prayer group, I came upon one of the ladies in the hallway.  I said I was on my way out, and she said, "I'm just waiting for the girls."  She's probably in her 70s.  I hope I always consider myself "one of the girls", no matter how old I get to be!

3)  I went to see my old eye doctor for the first time in close to 10 years (since I was having my check-ups done in Ottawa while living there).  I didn't even know if he would remember me, but as I was waiting with my book, he said:  "You were always reading books when you came here.  I remember that."  See, I wasn't exaggerating when I called myself a lifelong bookworm.  :-)

4)  If you like Downton Abbey, this video is amazing. 

5)  Homemade caramel corn.  Actually, we made it a few weeks ago, but the memory is still smile-worthy.  Check out the video here.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment