Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Top Ten Tuesday, errr Wednesday: Favourite Sequels

Hey there, I'm a day late, but once again linking up with The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is "Top Ten Sequels".   I tried to avoid series, otherwise this list would be all Harry Potter.  :-)

1.  Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (sequel to Graceling):  I have read Fire as well, but that was more of a prequel.

2.  Rilla of Ingleside or Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery (sequels to Anne of Green Gables):  I like all the Anne books, but I like these in particular as they focus on a different person (Rilla) or put Anne and Gilbert in a new context.  I loved seeing Anne and Gilbert figure out married life and go through struggles that I've also experienced.

3.  The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood (sequel to Oryx and Crake):  This books gives the context of Oryx and Crake from another perspective.  Can you even fathom how excited I am to order MaddAddam with my birthday gift cards???

4.  An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers (sequel to A Voice in the Wind):  Continues the story of Hadassah in first century Rome.

5.  To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis (sequel to Doomsday Book):  More time travel, more antics of Oxford academics, and this time with cats and period clothes, and less plague to boot.  Love it!

I got a bit stuck with this topic, so here are two books that I want to read:

1.  Dreams of Joy by Lisa See (sequel to Shanghai Girls)

2.  The High Road by Terry Fallis (sequel to The Best Laid Plans)

1 comment:

  1. I love all the Anne books. Nice to see them on your list! Here is mine: http://caitstruelife.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-sequels-ever/

    ReplyDelete