Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Saturday 9 November 2013

Feeling Blue

I've been feeling pretty down lately.  Last week was rough as I attended a funeral for a family friend who had Alzheimer's.  In addition, I'm dealing with a few other issues and November always gets me down with its grey and rainy weather.   Lately I've been feeling like life is moving so fast and I'm still getting nowhere.  Even good things, like two close friends having babies, haven't raised my mood so much as made me sad that I'm not able to see these friends and their little ones as much as I'd like.

Work has been crazy as we move into our busiest season, and I end up spending way more time at meetings than I would like.  It feels like I'm going in circles lately.

In addition, I've felt like I just don't have words to write any more.  I like blogging, but I get tripped up in keeping the balance between sharing what is meaningful to me without overdoing it.  

All that adds up to one fact:  I'm in a funk.  Friends, how do you deal with these low periods?  What cheers you up?

2 comments:

  1. I get in the same moods! Sometimes seeing your husband accomplish so much while you're in a rut is a little overbearing. When I'm suffering from blogger's block, I just take a break and head outside. A change of scenery is always good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might be in a bit of a funk myself. I use books to escape, and then when it is over I can tackle all the things I've let go. Maybe not the most effective method, but it's a start. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete