Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Sunday 7 September 2014

Big News and End-of-Summer Update

I've been neglecting my blog lately.  I'm sorry.  I can't even say that it's been too busy, because the truth is that we had a slow summer.  Honestly, there were a few Top Ten Tuesday topics that left me flat, and otherwise I've been feeling pretty blah about life in general... BUT I'm back now and want to give a few life updates.

Firstly, some BIG NEWS:  No, I'm not pregnant, but instead I'm going back to school!  The idea of being a student again has been in the back of my mind for over a year, but I finally bit the proverbial bullet and applied.  My classes start this week and I will be studying Information Science to one day be a librarian!  Everyone around here must know how much I like reading, so this seems like a perfect fit for me.  I'm a bit intimidated, since it's been close to a decade since I was in school, but from the orientation last week, I think I'm going to like it.

Fertility update (seeing as I've posted on this earlier in the year):  Nothing to say here.  As you may have gathered from some of my posts in the spring, this year has been very difficult for me, and I have no cheery news to share now.  To be brutally honest, I have never before felt so isolated and hopeless as I did these past few months, which is probably why I've had no real desire to plaster my thoughts up on the Internet.

Family update:  I have a new niece!  Eve Audrey was born last week, a little sister for Ezra.  Our family is growing a lot, seeing as my step-brother and his wife had baby Luke last March.

Husband update:  Gil is fine.  We had a quiet summer and mostly stuck close to home. Even though this year has been trying, I'm still loving life with my husband, and I couldn't have made it through the last few months without Gil (and also the World cup, but mostly Gil, haha).

Mandarin update:  Stunted.  Like I said, this summer has been sad and emotionally draining, and eventually I decided I just needed to cut things out of my life that were stressing me out.  I hope one day to resume my classes, but for now I will be busy enough with school.

Cat update:  Still cute!  Thank goodness for adorable fur babies when the going gets tough.

See, she's pretty cute!


3 comments:

  1. Slow summers are wonderful!

    Sorry about all the fertility stuff -- can't say much more other than "that sucks". Cause it does.

    BTW -- I read one of Rainbow Rowell's books since I saw it on one of your Reading lists. AND because she's from my hometown. I read Fangirl (because there wasn't a hold list on it at the library!) Pretty good. I have a hold on the Eleanor & Parks one, but I'm like #142 on 15 copies or something. So it won't be any time soon!

    Good luck with college -- going back to school is something that I have NO desire for, so I really admire it in people that do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jayme! Sometimes the best thing anyone can say is just "That sucks".

      My husband is the same about school. He keeps saying, "Better you than me!" I am the opposite and would be a student forever if it didn't cost money. :)

      Delete