Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Need To Read More Of

Today's Top Ten Tuesday (over at The Broke and the Bookish) is looking at authors that we've only read book, but would like to read more.  Here's my list:

1.  Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie:  I read Americanah earlier this year after seeing it on someone's blog (though I can't remember who).  I would love to read more of her work, as I appreciate her unique viewpoint.

2.  Orson Scott Card:  I'm like the only person who hasn't read Ender's Game or really anything else by Card.  I enjoyed PastWatch (because, hello!, time travel), but would like to read more of his work.

3.  Yael Hedaya:  I saw Eden at the library and picked it up on a whim.  It was the first book I've read taking place in modern-day Israel, and I would like to read more of her work.

4.  Cathy Marie Buchanan:  The Painted Girls was great, and I appreciate her attention to detail in historical fiction.

5.  Tan Twan Eng:  Because The Garden of Evening Mists was sooooo good!

6.  Henryk Sienkiewicz:  I loved Quo Vadis, but have yet read his other books that take place in the more recent past.

7.  Audrey Niffenegger:  I don't know how I've missed reading more of her, but it might be because I loved The Time Traveler's Wife so much that I was worried that her other work would be a let down.  I'll get around to reading her again eventually.

8.  Lawrence Hill:  After The Book of Negroes (AKA Someone Knows My Name), I was so impressed that I will definite pick up his next book, Any Known Blood.
9.  Charlotte Brontë:  How is it possible that I've read Jane Eyre several times, but never picked up any of her other books?  One day soon, I promise!
10.  Louisa May Alcott:  I loved Little Women as a child, but never read the sequels.

1 comment:

  1. Ender's Game is great but I personally preferred it's parallel novel Ender's Shadow. I didn't know Card had a time travel novel. I'll have to go check it out. :)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-authors-ive-only-read-one-book.html

    ReplyDelete